You and your spouse have decided to join the jet set and fly off to Europe somewhere – anywhere – for a short week’s respite. With no relatives requiring your attention, you have a rare opportunity to dash off to any place you choose. And, most of us these days choose according to what best fits our travel budget.
Lucky for us, lots of major cities around the world have discovered that increasing the number of visitors increases local income. Below are the top three places offering a variety of vacation deals in Europe for late 2013 and through summer 2014.
Barcelona in December for $1009
If warm but not hot weather is your desire, a week in Barcelona, Spain in December or January is the perfect choice. This is what you’ll get for your money:
- Round Trip air fare from JFK in New York City to Barcelona
- 4 nights at the Hotel Aranea in a modern, air-conditioned room, elevator access, private bathroom, daily breakfast buffet and facilities for those with disabilities
- And, it is Pet Friendly!
- Hotel is walking distance to many of the popular sites, shops and museums
- There are optional tour packages available ranging in price from $41 to $81
Barcelona is a welcoming tourist city for Westerners and most speak, read and write English and French. December offers the lowest rates and best temperature for North Americans.
Take a Gander at the Queen’s Digs $1996
London is another of the Top three cheapest all-inclusive Discount Vacation this year. There are several other packages that start at $1660 but the accommodations are lacking in many ways including distance to “the” Palace.
While this 4-night vacation is more than the Barcelona trip, this is the best deal to London right now.
- 4 nights at the Copthorne Tara Hotel at Kensington and Earl’s Court – there are 2 Copthorne Hotels and this is the one you want!
- All the rooms are air-conditioned, with plasma TVs, internet access, an on-site currency exchange, and concierge services
- Half a mile to Harrods, High Street shopping, Victoria and Albert Museum and two short miles to pop in on HRH Queen Elizabeth II and maybe – just maybe – you’ll get a peek at Little Prince George.
For anyone considering a trip to London, this location costs about the same as staying ten miles away and paying for all the transportation fees to get where you want to go.
Exploring Prague, Poland $1012
All hotels in this package are in excellent city-center locations. The highest priced one is in Old Town Prague for $1278, which is of interest to historical-minded travelers.
With that in mind, the Hotel Kossak has some of the best reviews and amenities.
- All rooms are individually climate controlled, free wireless internet access, safes for your laptop, breakfast buffet daily and high-speed internet, as well.
- On-site bar, restaurant and sauna.
- Walking distance to Wawel Castle, Wawel Cathedral and Main Market Square.
- There are ski packages available during winter for a reasonable cost.
If you have yet to visit Eastern Europe, this is one of the best deals anywhere. It pays to do your homework online and find the best last minute travel packages for a unique time away from home.
Ready for your next Discount Vacation to Europe? Visit sundancevacationsgetaway.com to learn how you can get your next vacation at wholesale rates.